Wednesday 12 March 2008

Quick post

Currently at QMU and had an idea so using there wireless I thought I would post it up using my iPod and expand on it when I get to a computer.

The basic idea is to do a music video on the song "Wrestlers" by Hot Chip where a boy would be watching wrestling on TV and singing to the words, throughout the video the boy would grow older.

EDIT:

Lyrics can be found at LyricWIKI

and you can listen to it at Last.fm

The song is about a fellow member of Hot Chip that was on tour with another band called LCD Soundsystem, one of the band members sent the lead singer of Hot Chip a text message jokingly saying “Sorry you can't have Al back, I'll wrestle you for him. And I'll beat you because I'm bigger and stronger than you.” So the song is about wrestling to get him back.

In the video it would be the lead of Hot Chip wrestling the member of LCD soundsystem for Al Doyle (the man who plays for both bands) they would be in a wrestling ring doing all the moves mentioned in the song. At the chorus sections the camera would be looking out of the TV at a young boy at first but during the video he would grow into a man, basically he would be watching the wrestling on TV and this ties in with the line “I learned all I know from watching the wrestling”

No comments: